Ok, so I'm sure there are some of you thinking,"That can't really be Debi." 

Ha! It is, but it isn't. 

I've always loved how graceful and beautiful women looked "back in the day".  It was crazy for a woman to be seen in public if she wasn't dressed nicely, hair done, face fixed -  a perfect portrait of all that is feminine.

But, as we all know, those days are pretty much gone. 

Sure, women still dress nicely - have hair fixed, make-up done, etc,  but there are also women who go to Wal-Mart in their pajamas...

I'll be honest, I haven't made the trek to the store in my pajamas, but if you made a pop-in visit to my house, you'd definitely find me, in the middle of the day, in yoga pants, hair in a messy bun, no make-up, sans bolder-holder, and pretty much looking like I just rolled out of bed.

So, while I romanticize days gone by, there's a HUGE part of me that is grateful for the women who came before me who argued for women's rights. 

There seems to be a real struggle these days to figure out how to define being feminine. And I suppose that's just it, getting caught up in the word feminine and not the word woman

I am a woman and I also am feminine. So, even when I'm messy, I'm still very much a priss and you could call me a priss and I wouldn't be insulted.

Why?

Because I own who I am - a priss.

So, in my other life, I would most definitely be that woman you see above, likely many pounds heavier, with my hair fixed, wearing a dress, but also with my arms, elbows deep, in a mess somewhere.

Because no matter how prissy I am, a mess always finds me.

Comments

Popular Posts